Monday, August 17, 2009

A series of outdoorchic.com events...

Let me back waaaaaaaaay up and tell you a little story before I continue my post. Years ago, like years ago, when it was time for me to make an email account, I had no idea what it should be. So, I chose outdoorchic@something or another. Little did I know that it would haunt me for years to come. My family has given me grief ever since...for those of you who don't already know, I am no outdoorchic! I like civilization and all that it has to offer.

For my birthday, my wonderfully, stellar step-dad gave me a road bike. It is a beaut! She is the most darlingest champagne, red, and white Specialized Roubaix. I love her!!! I love to go riding. Who knew!? But don't think I am a crazy fool to do something dumb like the LOTOJA. I like my flat roads with a little climb.

Anyways, a few weeks ago Bob and I went riding. The night was gorgeous, the weather was cool, the company was great until I did my first climb. I was huffin' and puffin'. I even told Bob that I was gonna hurt him...it kicked my trash but I got up the hill! Bob was waiting for me at the top and I was slowing down to stop. I clipped out of my pedals and thought I had with my right foot...NOOOOO! The next thing I know, I am lying in a bunch of gravel and broken glass on HWY 89. I quickly clipped out and stood up. I was laughing so hard! As bloody and nasty it was, I didn't care. I was ready to fly down 89...let me tell ya folks, doing 32 mph down a hill is priceless!





Here is my second outdoorchic event. This last weekend, my singles ward went to Jackson Hole for the weekend. A blast and more to come on that. I didn't sign up to do the river rafting as I hate being without my hearing aid for that long and I didn't want to pay for it. For those who chose not to raft, we had a hike around Jenny Lake up to the Hidden Falls. There were about 2o of us who hiked including our cowboy Bishop!

The hike is approximately 6 miles round trip. It is not a breezy hike that you can enjoy the scenery and what not. You are constantly looking at your feet or you will end up on your face amongst rocks. I am happy to report that I was one of the 5 that were the first ones to the falls. ME? I should have been dead last. But then I was dead last coming back in!





It was fun to see the gorgeous views from Inspiration Point and see the stellar falls! I can truly say that I went "beyond my skill level" (another story for another time)...



In closing, I would like to thank my family for all the years of teasing...you can put it in your juice box and suck it!

4 of my Peeps!:

Katie and Christian said...

Very impressive Siggy! Looks like a great time!

Elise said...

Way to go Sig, my favorite outdoorchic!

Scott and Kathy said...

I remember being dead last in gym class running the mile and chatting it up. Good times, outdoor chic! More like where's the closest H&M?

Kris said...

wish we had gone to Jackson like we had originally planned.....i survived the green with out my HA....but seriously missed him and loved putting him back in when we were done!