Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tender Mercies...

Lately, I have been thinking about tender mercies. Many thoughts of Elder Bednar's talk have crossed my mind...here is one:

"...The Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ. Truly, the Lord suits “his mercies according to the conditions of the children of men” (D&C 46:15)."

It is truly a miracle that the Lord watches over us and through another mortal He sends us His love. I strongly believe that there is no such thing as coincidences. In fact, I am trying to erase that word from my vocabulary.

In the past few weeks, I have had many experiences that have warmed my heart. I won't go into super detail about them but it's been a tremendous blessing. I have made new friends that are true sweethearts, I have an amazing ward that is everything and more, I have a guy-friend that genuinely cares and is so complimentary, I have a brother who is my best-friend and the list goes on.

After I have pondered about all these experiences that the Lord has blessed me with; I have decided to carry around with me a small journal. In the journal, I have been recording the sweet and simple mercies that are evident. After doing so for a few days, it's apparent that the Lord is aware of me and my needs. My prayers have gotten stronger because I have so much to be thankful for. Writing down all that has taken place is a daily reminder to express my gratitude to the Lord.

My goal is to be that person that you write about in your journal. I want to live close to the Spirit that I am constantly aware of who needs my love...

8 of my Peeps!:

The Laundry Queen said...

Great post, Sigrid.

Elise said...

Glad you are doing this Sig. Shane and I have been trying to keep the same kind of journal and it is amazing how much more you are aware of the goodness all around you. Love you girl! You are one of my tender mercies :) how cheesy was that ;

Erin said...

Hey Sigrid. Glad to see you are updating your blog more frequently. Love to see your updates. Love you!

Elise said...

Hey, I just went to 5 guys...I'm with you-Tonyburgers all the way! We just need to get 5 guys fries transported over to Tony's, eh?

Tamsen said...

You are such a sweetie, Sigrid. I wish that we had spent more time together (that sounds like I am dying or something, but you get what I mean, right?). Anyway, great post. I needed the reminder.

Becky Andrews said...

Such a good reminder - thanks!

Madi Marie said...

I love you so much and miss you so much. Thanks for EVERYTHING that you do... from the moment I met you, you have been a wonderful blessing in my life. :)

Kris said...

Thank you Sig,
I have had the week from heck and need all the little reminders I can get from all the greatest "mouthpieces of Heaven" You have always been an incredible person to me from the moment I met you back when we thought we knew all the answers in the world in junior high....thank you so much for your insightful thoughts on your blog.....keep it up!