Friday, February 5, 2010

Errr, um...

You know how every January it seems that people make New Year Resolutions? I guess you can say I made a few and am even a month late on posting about my new goals or should I say goal...I don't want to overwhelm myself! Basically, all I can remember is one that I made, which is to read one article of my choice of topic once a week from the church website. (that was a mouthful) Anyhow, I have decided that I should share with you a quote from the article each week.

"We never need mistake local cloud cover for general darkness. The Atoning Light of the World saw to that. It was for our sake that perfectly remarkable Jesus was perfectly consecrated. Jesus let His own will be totally 'swallowed up in the will of the Father'. If you and I would come unto Jesus, we must likewise yield to God, holding nothing back. Then other soaring promises await!"

~Elder Neal A. Maxwell
November 1991 Ensign

I love this quote! I love that Elder Maxwell used the word "perfectly" twice in one sentence! This quote brings back a sweet memory that I had during the Olympics of 2002...I will share with anyone that asks!

On another note, I need to give a sorely needed update on my life!

*I HEART School!
*I double HEART my new Camera!
*I cut bangs and they are pretty cute.
*My fabulous singles ward...wait, my fabulous "Pre-Marriage" ward has issued a call for us to do our Genealogy. The next 5 months are going to be geared towards finding our ancestors, recording their history, recording OUR history, and doing Temple work for our ancestors. In June, we will be trekking to Martins Cove to pay homage to the pioneers. So exciting! I am truly looking forward to this experience. I know that I need to give my all to help make this a successful spiritual experience!
I even encourage all of you to do your Genealogy...it's super easy! Here you will find all the tools you need to get started. I will be sharing with you some of my stories and I would LOVE to hear some of yours.

Start by asking yourself...
Where do I come from?
Then secondly ask yourself...
Am I Keeping My Story?

3 of my Peeps!:

Ang said...

You're the best. Thanks dear Friend. I know where I come from and I am keeping my story about as good as I can right now. You're so inspirational!

Becky Andrews said...

Love the quote and would love to hear about your experience during the Olympics! Thanks for the nudge too regarding geneology (hope I spelled it right!).

Anonymous said...

YAY SIGRID. First, what kind of camera did you end up getting? Second, way to take on the Genealogy challenge. It's going to be awesome. You are such an inspiration to me. Thanks for being so good! :)