Thursday, December 10, 2009

Everyone has a Story to Share...

A few months ago, I met this darling girl through a friend in my ward and after she shared her conversion story and Testimony of the Gospel, I have pondered my own. I literally have sat and thought back as far as I was eight years old trying to remember that pivotal moment. I can recall the interview I had with my Bishop just before I was baptized...nope, it wasn't then. Then I fast-forwarded to when I turned twelve and was now a glorified Beehive. The thoughts of when I first did Baptisms in the Salt Lake Temple came flooding back...nope, wasn't then. Was it when I was in High School and was in Seminary...nope, it wasn't then. Don't get me wrong, I still had warm fuzzies after all those experiences.
After failing at trying to remember that exact moment that I knew it was all true, it dawned on me that I have had many moments in my life that are my conversion story. While they are not huge and monumental they are still life changing...at least for me they are. I took for granted having been blessed with being raised in the Gospel and thinking to myself all these years, "I wish I had an amazing story to share". As all the memories have come back, I realize that I do have an amazing story to share and I have recorded them in my journal. Someday my children will read of my many conversion stories.


My Testimony is strong and it is real.
I am eternally grateful for all those small and quiet moments that made my heart convert.
I know without a doubt that He lives.
I know that He hears my prayers, shares with me my joy and my sorrows.
I am grateful to know of the truths and to know that I am a Daughter of God.


May you reflect on your own conversion story and revel in the Spirit that it brings!

7 of my Peeps!:

Elise said...

Thanks Sig...I love you.

Erin said...

Sig, you are awesome! Thank you for being such an example. Please come and visit us:) You still need to meet Trey!

Katie and Christian said...

Love you Sigrid!

Brandon said...

Well, wouldn't you know. I decided to read your blog this morning instead of my scriptures and I got tricked into reading about this stuff anyway.

I think it's like that for most people raised in the church, and I think that was good for me because it really forced me to notice the more quiet ways God spoke to me, which is something everyone needs to learn. You're right though, it's a little bit overwhelming when you look back on your life and realize all things God's done to guide you. It's a testimony in itself.

Good stuff Sigrid. See you in a bit

Ang said...

I love your spiritual side... very real and I know you mean every word. Love you!

Becky Andrews said...

Beautiful - thanks for sharing.

Holly and Dave said...

Sig, you're an inspiration to me, and your strength helps me to be strong. love you.