Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thoughts...

The past few weeks have been somewhat emotional. On March 21st, my Grandpa Popi passed away. He was my father's father. I didn't know him all that well but I know that he loved Lars and I a lot. I am now regretting that I didn't spend much time with him in the last few years as he was living in SLC. He was a great man who really did care for his family.
As I sat on the front row of his funeral, my thoughts were all over the place. I pondered about life; about how easy it is to take for granted the small and simple things. I promised myself that I wouldn't let sweet experiences pass me by no matter how small they are. It can be anything from opening a door to writing a note to someone in need of a smile.
I also decided that I need to become closer with my family. I don't have many cousins and etc. but that is no excuse. I want to build stronger relationships with the ones that I do have. I have been talking with my mom lately and I am realizing just how important it is to have a large family. It is lonely without lots of cousins, aunts, uncles and so on. I must admit that as I continue to date, that I will be looking for someone who comes from a larger family and that he honors them.
I am truly grateful for the opportunity that I had to read a poem at Popi's funeral. I took the time to bear my testimony. I love that I was able to share my love for the gospel with my family members of different faiths. I am blessed to have the knowledge that I will be with my family forever and that once someone passes away, their spirit lives on forever...

Dad, Me and Lars after the funeral.

5 of my Peeps!:

The Laundry Queen said...

I'm sorry about your grandpa, Sigrid. Take care, cuz.
; )

Anonymous said...

I love you Sig-a-lig!

Katie said...

Love you Sigrid! Great to see you~ wish we could have actually talked- I was so sad I was sick! :( I totally agree with your thoughts... we need to cherish our moments we have with people!

Tara said...

Sigrid, that was such a sweet thought. I love the part about taking time to become closer to your family. That is so important.

Adam Winter Family said...

sorry about your loss. I love your thoughts about it.