Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Temple...


A few weeks ago my Relief Society President asked if I would take the challenge from our Stake to decorate a table for a Fireside using the Temple as our theme. All of us sisters were invited to attend this special evening to be enlightened by the former Temple President and Matron, Brother and Sister Walker. The message they had to share was full of Hope, Joy and Peace. The Spirit was incredibly strong and it was burning in my heart that evening. I walked away from that meeting with a skip in my step!

I had asked our Relief Society to meet at the Salt Lake Temple one Sunday after church to have our picture taken for this special fireside. I had my dear mother take our picture and I put the vintage effect on it. I had it matted and framed. It turned out beautiful. Our Bishop will be the lucky recipient this Sunday as we present it to him.

I love that I was able to do this. I was able to reflect on some personal things and gain a fonder appreciation for the Sisters in my ward, the Temple and the Spirit of the Savior.

7 of my Peeps!:

Elise said...

It looks great Sig! Hope the framing thing worked out ok!

Branden said...

You are SO talented...I can't get over it.

Brandon said...

That's a great picture of so many good sisters.

Ang said...

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE it. Very beautiful.

Peay Family said...

Fabulous!!! You did an amazing job...and the U32 Sisters ROCK!!!

Scott and Kathy said...

So glad you finally posted it...more beautiful than I even imagined!

Becky Andrews said...

Each time I read your blog, I am inspired!